Tarox Road Car Front Big brake Kits
Tarox brakes are known world wide for their incredible performance and power along with a huge selection of disc and rotor sizes. Tarox have provided the following information about their brake kits:
TAROX offer a variety of calipers to suit various applications and customer requirements. In order to choose the most appropriate specification calipers for each brake conversion kit TAROX adhere to the following guidelines
- In principle the more the better, the benefit in having multi pistons can be summed up as follows:
- Perpendicularly distributed pressure on the pads, resulting in more even wear of the brake pad
- Smaller pistons compared to those used on traditional calipers work perfectly parallel to the piston chambers, thus avoiding wear and loss of brake fluid
- Increased cooling action of the pads, due to more airflow behind the pad’s back plate
- Less stress factor on the caliper itself
- More clamping action resulting in more braking power due to the presence of more pistons
- Firmer pedal
The diameter of the pistons in the calipers are specific to each application to take into account the car’s master cylinder. Fitting a TAROX kit does not involve the replacement or the modification of other brake components (e.g. master cylinder, servo) and does not interfere with electronic devices like the ABS or SBS.
All TAROX calipers come with grey or black hard (450 Wickers) anodising for maximum life. Colour anodised calipers can be specified and although glamorous looking, they demand more care and attention and do not deliver the same durability as the grey or black hard anodised calipers. Extra care must be used when cleaning alloy wheels because some cleaning product are acid based and may damage the calipers, for best results always remove the wheel before cleaning.
All TAROX brake calipers are designed to be used without the need to be periodically serviced. The way each piston works in the chamber and the use of O-rings to keep out the dirt, dust and other agents does not require the use of dustcaps. It is advised that only experienced professionals dismantle the calipers: replacement components including O-ring fitted pistons can be ordered with us.